Thursday, December 23, 2010

Our Christmas Tour




We are out for a nice holiday tour - bundled up and dressed for Christmas.  It's the dynamic duo today for a trot around Chester Vermont - through the Green, the Stone Village and also a couple of errands added in since we are in town.


Zoe visited the local Dollar Store for some trimmings - even though I was disappointed in their bells... they still do have some great buys. And all the holiday items are 50% discounted now :)


Here are the best pals -- telling secrets. Keri donned her Santa hat -- Teasel spiffed out in red Antlers. 




First order of business - to trot through the Green and spread some cheer.
















I snapped loads of photo's along the way -- so you know the drill -- head on over to the farm blog for the complete visual tour :)





quick hat rescue on the sidewalk.










it's difficult to feel Christmas without snow...



After we complete the Green circuit -- we head toward Chester Depot to run an errand.  









My Dad sent me money to fund the trail GPS system I have had my eye on... so since I am in town - I'll make a deposit.






the other lane is for drive up ATM transactions .. so we have to use the pneumatic tube thingie.  You might remember the last time we were here with a horse was in the cart with Nimue.


OK -- check that off the list and we head further into the Depot.



Probably the most colorful house in Chester.







Past Barre Pinske's -- he's a local artist with world wide fame :)







The two trot down the sidewalk cheerfully toward our next stop ~ Stone Village.







We trek through Stone Village on our way to visit our neighbors at their place of business.





Stone Village Farmer's Market.. where you can browse for fresh locally grown produce in the summer - pumpkins in the fall and trees and wreaths for Christmas.  But -- looks like no one's here.

This is the place to which Denise and Deb drove to pick up the sweet corn for the Curly Get Together this past summer.  We took the long way round to include the entire tour.







Gone Fishin'      If you want a tree or wreath -- you'll have to slip the money under the door.



Time to trot homeward..... back through the Village -- and up Flamstead where on the first part - it's paved and we get in a great canter :)


Here's a quick little video of our trip --

We had loads of fun... as we always do on any trek with Keri and "T"... we are hoping to get out one more time on Christmas Eve...  in the meantime -


Happy Holiday Trails from Keri, Teasel, me and Zoe !








Enjoy ~

6 comments:

  1. AHHH!!! This was so freakin FUN!!! I laughed so hard with the hat on the road! You two just crack me up...all the fun you have together and the tremendous joy your posts always bring to everyone reading them. I would love to be able to do this in our little town...I am just nervous that we would get in trouble! Maybe if we brought our own pooper scooper along they wouldn't mind? Our town isn't decorated as pretty as yours though. Hey, I recognized that little farmers market! That sign was hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing and once again, taking us on such an adventurous and exhilarating ride!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are amazing! Out in all weather, fearless in your adventures. What great Curly ambasadors you are! And the decorations are so heart warming as I have been deocrating my animals in anticipation of a Christmas collage - But I have not ridden them in costume yet! Thanks for taking me on your adventures! Oh and so sorry the warmers did not work -we have some and now I am far less excited about using them...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am in agreement. Our town is probably a little smaller than yours, so stops wouldn't be so interesting-like the bank!!! But still it would be very fun! Hey Denise...why not!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, you two are amazing and fearless! I love to ride along with you. I read your farm blog, and I want to thank you SO very, very much for the trip down memory lane with those beautiful stone houses in Cavendish that I used to see each time we went to visit Granny and Grampy and Uncle Phil in Ludlow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry, that was from Donna and Linus

    ReplyDelete