Saturday, September 17, 2011

20 miles for kids with cancer

Bear and I rode in the 5th Annual Albany Benefit ride to raise money for kids with cancer. It was THE most beautiful day and they had record breaking riders...40 total! They have raised over $36,000 in the last 5 years. $7,700 just this year along. Incredible. The ride is 20 miles, taking us through hardwoods, over bridges, creeks and along the shore of Lake Huron. They serve a chuck wagon lunch at the half way. It was wonderful! Bear and I even had a beautiful canter along the shore. Best day for riding and enjoying my lovely buttermilk buckskin mount. =]
Riding along the shore

My friend Jan taking Bear's picture

Lovely ride

Bear and I

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! I envy you for riding on the shore :) What a great purpose to ride for! Best Caren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise,
    Bear is lovely. And he sure has character. You and Bear sure look good together. He looks as if he is enjoying himself as much as you are.
    Happy Trails,
    Penny Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Caren and Penny! Bear was more of an arena horse than a trail horse when I bought him, but he sure is enjoying his new life! He's an incredible boy in every way. I can't wait to see him in his winter curls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great ride for a great cause! I just love the picture of you and Bear on the lake with the sun sparkling on the water behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH I am so jealous of you! That sounds like such a fun ride that had a great cause to ride for. Those pictures where just beautiful. Ok have to ask where you even the least bit tempted to ride in the lake? I know I would have been as long as it wasn't to cold yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great cause to ride for! I love the pictures, it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete