Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Posse Fall Classic Part 1

What a long fun weekend. Marley was such a trooper. Our county put on the competition this weekend so the folks from our county that wanted to ride had to do so last. Which was fine. I got up early Saturday am to get Marley out of his stall and ride him a bit before I got assigned my job of announcing for the Obstacle class. There was a total of 24 riders from other counties that came to ride that weekend. The first part of the day was individual obstacle and the equitation part. I wasn't able to get any pictures or video of the equitation part but I did get a video of the individual obstacle. Here is the link http://youtu.be/pq999SjGYvY (I hope it works, if not you will have to let me know). The team had a time limit of 6 min. to get through the course. Marley and I made it through in a little over 4 min! Just to be on the fair side of it as well, we had not ridden it prior to the class. The only thing we really had an issue with was that HUGE ball coming at him which you will see in the video. The horse is suppose to stand inside the box and let the ball hit them and stand still. Our scores though even with the oops with the ball where really good and would have placed us in the top for the class. (with us hosting we couldn't place, just play) After we where done, there was an hour lunch before we had to start setting up for the afternoon classes, so my friend Jen asked to take Marley in through the obstacles just to play, no time or judge. She couldn't believe how good Marley was, listening to everything she asked. We also worked on that huge ball too. By the end of the 'play' session he was pushing the ball with his shoulder! Oh and the reason for "part 1" is because it took like 6 hours to download this one video and I have 2 more to share as well.

Marley & Dana (MN)

6 comments:

  1. That was very good. Even with him not standing for the ball. Most horses would have freaked with that ball, he just backed away instead of running. Good job to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING Dana :)) I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dana and Marley,
    Thank you. I was honored to watch you both. You both ride with God. To be honest, I have tears in my eyes and my heart is touched kindly. I would love to meet you both one day. Again, thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Penny Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the wonderful comments everyone!

    Penny, one of these summers we will pack the whole family up and come out there and ride with you in beautiful Idaho! That is when you and Lyle are ready for the great wide open :) You live in such pretty country that I am jealous! I always like a new adventure, it makes life interesting (Larry our other curly LOVES new trails as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana, You and ALL of your family are welcome. I have a day light basement that has a bedroom, a bathroom and extra space. If you do not like my cooking, there is even space down there to cook! (Big smile!)
    Lyle and I continue to work and we will get it all together one day. But I have been reading a book called "True Horsemanship Through Feel." This book is a series of interviews by Bill Dorrance. The things that he talks about are EXACTLY what YOU and DENISE are doing with your horses!
    Again, thank you,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Dana! You and Marley are so awesome together!!! And apparently you have trained him WELL if he listens to your friend riding him too! =] You were so calm and confident. I wish I could have seen your face because I am sure it was beaming. =] That ball coming down WAS scary! Makes me wonder what Reese would do. lol. REALLY, really good job. I was impressed by all of it. Especially the dragging thing! holy cow!!

    ReplyDelete