Sunday, September 25, 2011

Beautiful Fall Ride



Hello, I have been trying to ride as much as possible before winter hits us here in Alaska. I wish I could have taken some pictures before the huge wind storm blew most of the yellow/gold leaves off the trees, but I got a few today to share here. Today was the last day of moose hunting season up here so starting tomorrow I can get back on my regular trails before the snow hits the ground, although I have a feeling I might ride more this winter than I did this summer because I won't have to worry about running into bears once they hibernate! Besides getting Dusty completely gun broke I have a huge winter project of teaching her to pull logs from the woods for the house we will be building next spring to live in. She is smart and willing, so I hope I can utilize her for that job...make her start earning her keep. This picture is from today's ride, I even got Kayo (the husky dog that is the BEST trail riding partner ever) to pose in the pic :)

4 comments:

  1. Courtney, OH MY GOD. The scenery up there is unbelievable. Look at those mountains! And you look at that all the time, wow. Your Curly ain't too shabby, either. ;) Please post whenever you can! You gave me such an enjoyable morning coffee time moment, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular :) Wonderful pictures and colors :) So good to have Kayo with you in that wilderness! Best Caren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney,
    The three of you look so very happy and so filled with life. I am glad that Kayo is with you both on trail. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of Dusty pulling logs for your new home. Thank you.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures should be in a travel flyer :) they are just beautiful! Dusty is so pretty as well. I know what you mean by trying to get out and ride as much as you can before winter. Looking forward to more of those Alaskan adventure photos.

    ReplyDelete