Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lylee Forgave My Big Mistake


Dear Reader,

In the picture to the left you can see a very big mistake that I am making. Can you tell what it is. If you know, please feel free to write in reply and share that knowledge. After a few days, I will explain my mistake.

But there is something that is very wonderful that I wanted to share. Even though I practiced poor horsemanship, Lyle did not take unfair advantage of my error. He forgave and he still tried to obey me.

I am very proud of Lyle. He covered for me. A horseman can never ask a horse to do that. But sometimes a horse will freely make a decision to forgive and to cover for a rider. That is something close to sheer grace on the horse's part. There are times when we all need a patient and forgiving horse. Today was one of those times for me. And Lyle did just that, he was forgiving and patient. May I never forget how to say "thank you" to my horse.

Sincerely,

Penny Johnson

Kootenai Curly Horses

Bonners Ferry, Idaho

No comments:

Post a Comment