Friday, September 23, 2011

Groundwork with Suri and Voelie

This week I spent some time doing different parts of ground work with both Suri and Voelie. Suri is still not completely fit after having some kind of flu and fever last weekend. I am mainly walking her to keep her supple and massaging her and doing flexing exercises. Today I did some in hand jumping over a pool noodle mounted on two buckets. Not a very demanding exercise but just to keep the walking interesting (she just steps over it in walk, it is not really jumping). I also spent some extra time grooming and I cut all her mane short (it was sort of half long and half short) and I am usually not a fan of short mane but it looks really good on her! Today was the last day of her medicine that the vet gave me for her flu and I hope that in the next week she will really feel all better again. She is still not wanting to come out of the field. I now feel that it might be related to her physically not feeling well. I will keep monitoring how she does and I really hope to see her all healthy and happy very soon!

With Voelie I also did a lot of groundwork. Since it has been hectic times at work I have not done too much with Voelie lately so it was time to catch up and practice again the things that she knows combined with a few new things.
I had a couple days of walking and grooming, one day working with the barebackpad and today just as with Suri jumping in hand. For Voelie I have the pool noodle on the ground but she chooses to really jump! She still thinks the pool noodle is quite scary but after repeating the jump a couple of times she started to step over it instead of jumping high! I was proud of my little girl!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds you are doing great with your girls! Love to read about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,
    May Suri recover from her flu. I know how concerned you must be. Please keep us posted. My good thoughts go to you and Suri.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, sounds great! You really can be proud! Best Caren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see some pics of Voelie, she must be getting pretty big!

    ReplyDelete