Monday, September 19, 2011

Enjoying the Early Maine Fall

Ah-D and I have been on three wonderful, long rides since I last posted, taking advantage of the start of the fall season. These rides have been incredibly soul satisfying. Ah-D has been on his best behavior, and I have enjoyed my Curly so much. I have taken too many pictures, so here are a smattering. There is always a breeze blowing up here on this high point, and in the picture above you can notice it fanning Ah-D's tail.Yes, he did get to graze in this field. :)Those three were some our modeling photos for the Curly Horse Country contest to benefit Rescue Curlies...but I want Liz and Traveler to win, don't you? I just love the views (and the breeze!) from atop Sanitorium Hill.
We rode through several apple orchards that day, some cultivated and some not. We snacked in the abandoned ones.






Our rest point on our ride in Poland. The grazing isn't as grand here as it is up on Sanitorium Hill, but the view is also beautiful.

Who are these masked horses? This view isn't too shabby, either.Here it is on zoom. I am so blessed with these beautiful places to ride right around home, and Ah-D is blessed with delicious fall fields to snack on. Our hearts go out to the horses in Texas under drought conditions.

5 comments:

  1. Wow what wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing! You look beautiful on Ah-D, such a beautiful couple! And yes, poor Texas. Hope it will be better there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you have to put these pics in the contest, Susan!! They are great! I don't have any of Liz and Traveler yet either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan, I think it is gonna be a tie if you had to be up against Liz and Traveler. You have some really breath taking pictures. Everytime we trail ride and I get to one of those places, I think about what all those other people who don't ride are missing. With all your apples you find I need to send you a apple coffee cake recipe that is SOOOO good! I am hoping that winter doesn't come to soon, I want to enjoy more time with my wonderful curlies to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Caren, Denise and Dana. Liz, you had better get on the ball with Traveler pictures! Dana, I also wish for a looonnngggg fall and I'd love to have the apple coffee cake recipe. Send to stlejonhud@yahoo.com please. There were TONS of apples on the ground in the abondoned orchards. I couldn't believe it! I plan on going up there again riding Western (Harold, are you reading this?) with saddlebags to fill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dear Susan, when I see the cowgirl hat and western saddle I will believe it. Looks like you are haveing a great time with a fantistic great horse.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete