Sunday, September 4, 2011

It's Starting....

~Susan and Ah-D in Maine~

It was hot and humid on our ride today, yet evidence of the coming crispier weather abounded. I thoroughly enjoyed my ride this afternoon. I had set out to just ride a bit, because of the weather, but I got carried away because my trusty Curly and I were enjoying ourselves so much.I love this spot in the nearby woods. It is so peaceful and majestic.
The sumac are starting to change color. We are not going to have a brilliantly beautiful fall this year in my area because so many leaves got windburned by Hurricane Irene. Many leaves look sort of sad, dull and twisty.
We snuck up a dirt driveway to admire this perennial garden.
On the loop home, we stopped and enjoyed the fruits in the apple orchard. This is a sweet face of pure slobbery bliss.

4 comments:

  1. Well Susan, Looks like you are gonna have a beautiful fall this year regardless. We had 34 degrees this am looking forward to fall.
    It must have been a great ride for you.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harold, there is definitely a lot of beauty to appreciate around here, now matter what time of year it is. Our nights have been around 50 degrees, not 34, and I am very thankful for that as well! It was a great ride, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, yes, fall is coming. No doubt. And Winter will be here soon ... Thanks for sharing that beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is coming over here too, but not so pretty yet. We have the rain and stormy weather now! I am hoping for a few nice fall weeks to come! I especially notice it getting dark earlier. In summer we can ride utside much longer!

    ReplyDelete