Thursday, September 8, 2011

Puddle

I had a lovely ride with Suri yesterday. I rode with a new girl called Jolanda and her small Welsh pony. Since my usual riding partners horse is lame I haven't ridden out in two weeks. I came to the field and saw Jolanda and her pony ready to leave for a ride. I had not counted on riding but really wnated to so I asked her if she would wait for me if I saddled my horse within 10 minutes. She agreed so I quickly cought and saddled Suri (only brushing where the saddle goes, the rest of her was still fithy..) and put on my riding gear. I think we had a record time of about 7 minutes:) Suri was not easy to catch, she has this lately. I do not work or ride hard and I have the feeling she enjoys it. I think maybe she is too attached to Voelie and does not want to leave her but I will have to work on this.
Suri was really frisky because of the stormy weather but she behaved good anyway. She is trusting me more and more. In the beginning she did not want to pass scary objects first (only after another horse) but now I can urge her to pass them first!
We had a big achievement with a huge puddle. It has been wet here but I have not been able to steer Suri through a puddle before (scared of water??) Now there was a huge puddle all the way across in the tunnel. She is fine with the tunnel but was not sure about the water but she went through anyway! I was very proud and praised her!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Easy to read about Lyle, which is always in the headline -I think-, so I suggest that you also add the name of your horse in addition to the other subject

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to remember to punt Suri's name in the title! Thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete