Friday, September 23, 2011

ACTHA Ride 9/10/11



Ok, I was waiting to post this post until I had the pictures from it :) Because I am one PROUD Mama!!! Anyway, on September 9, 2011, ACTHA (American Competitive Trail Horse Assoc.) had a Guiness Book World Record ride and the money is to go to help the Mustangs. Again, money going for a good cause and not only that the weather was suppose to be just wonderful. So a fun, competitive, trail weekend was in order for the family :) The trail obstacles where a blast, everything from picking a hat up with a stick to spraying your horse with a spray bottle. After the results where in, Christian my oldest who rides in the JR division with his qrt cross Scooter placed 6th over all but first in his division, with the scores her got! Marley and I took 4th in the Pleasure division. This was a big accomplishment for us being this is the first time we placed! I was so pumped. Sorry I don't have any pictures from the trail of us doing the obstacles, wish I would have though it was a blast and we mastered them all :) Oh almost forgot, they have a prize for the best groomed and well I think everyone felt sorry for Marley. I got a few clip on flowers from the dollar store and put them in his mane and one in is tail. Then along with the 'phoo phoo' reins it topped it all off. I did feel a bit bad but he did look really sharp. Well, off to a mounted patrol competition this weekend to have some fun(our county is putting it on so we can't place but we can do the courses). Till next time, be safe and hug those wonderful curly horses (and others too!)



Marley & Dana (MN)

5 comments:

  1. what great photos and adventure. I was planning on doing that ride too but could not make it.
    Great job!! it looks like a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana and Marley,
    Way to go! I am almost as pumped as you are after reading your about your adventure. I love the dollar store flowers!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super! Fourth place, very nice. Congratulations, Dana, and Marley does look sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can sense the excitement :) Congrats! Wonderful pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats - you should definitely be a proud mama!!! Love the pics. There is nothing Marley won't do is there!

    ReplyDelete