Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bitting Lyle


Dear Reader,

Today Lyle and I worked on introducing the bit by letting it hang in his mouth and using the bosal to give cues. In the picture I show the wrong way to attach the bit. I have it such that it interferes with the bosal. Lyle was good and accepted this interference. But next time I will have the basal higher on his face so that the cheek pieces of the bit do not get in the way of the bosal. I am learning by doing here because making a transition from the bosal to the bit is new to me..

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Penny Johnson

Kootenai Curly Horses

Bonners Ferry, Idaho

2 comments:

  1. Lyle looks so relaxed and accepting in your photo. I enjoy reading about your progress and training steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    Thank you. Lyle was relaxed. He was also patient when the cheek pieces of the bit interfered with the bosal. But I need to rig it differently next time.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete