Saturday, September 17, 2011

re-Rigging the Bosal



Dear Reader,

Lyle is now starting to respond nicely to the bosal. For this reason I have removed the theodore. (The theodore was a string used to stabilize the bosal when rough stock was being broke. But Lyle no longer needs a theodore.) He is giving sweetly to the pressure of the bosal as I move it with the macarty reins. I can simply close my fingers towards my palm and he will give. He seems to enjoy this very much. He also seems to be interested in the dialogue that is starting to occur between us. Now it is just a question of me being righteous enough to NEVER break the pressure and release covenant that I have made with him. If I ever break this sacred promise, Lyle will never trust me again. And he would be right in making that decision because I would have failed him.

Because I rode alone today I have no pictures of how he did riding. But I did take two pictures so that you can see how the bosal is now rigged. This way of rigging gives the bosal a much better release. It also allows the rider to have a much better feel of when the horse yields. But the main thing is that Lyle really enjoys the on going conversation of pressure and release.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Penny Johnson

Kootenai Curly Horses

Bonners Ferry, Idaho

No comments:

Post a Comment