Thursday, September 8, 2011

Family Fun Night

Loving this cooler weather stuff! Still a few flys in the air but it isn't wet and muddy no more :) After supper the family headed out to the barn to ride for a few hours. I guess I had an agenda in mind and you should never have one of them. Saturday is the ACTHA ride for the Mustangs at a local state park and this will be my first one this year that I will be riding in along with my oldest son, so I wanted to work on some obstacles both for myself and with him and his horse. Marley and I had done so many of these obstacles so many times earlier in the year and I wanted to make sure he still remembered them. The one that I know that is going to give us any issue is crossing the tarp because the first few times he wants to jump it. Out of all the ones that we did last night that is the one we never did practice due to how early it is getting dark. The ones that we did work on where the back, sidepass, open/close the gate, hat pick up, dragging a log, noise control, spray bottle, mounting from the oposite side, dismounting, and the slicker. I could tell my oldest had enough when he started to complain abit and not try as hard so that is when we went and got the big red ball for a game of soccer. My hubby put all the obstacles back and then jumped on Larry bareback and joined us in a game. Lane (2 year old) climbed up in the saddle with me on Marley. We all had a great time together, and it all ended on a good note. Sorry no pictures but expect some next week after the ride! Can't wait. I am going to make a point to break out the tarp tonight right after supper and work on that and softening a few of my cues as well.

1 comment:

  1. Dana, how did the ACTHA go? I would love to be involved in that. I bet you had fun!

    ReplyDelete