Thursday, January 8, 2009

Head to Hoof



Today I worked with our pregnant mare, WW Lakota Woman. Also none as Tia. I tied her up, and brushed her from head to hoof. She was happy to get out of her stall for a few minutes, even though she had to be tied up in the barn.
When all the dirt was off of her, I put her back in the stall.

When I got Little Lightning, our foal from our Welsh pony, Little Miss, and our Curly Stallion, TEOC Danny Boy. He had a curious look on his face. I knew we should have named him Curious George. It's a tradition between my family to have 'Little' in Little Misses foals name. In the picture is Little Lightning. He's a sure beauty huh?The barn was new to him, and he wasn't sure to trust us or not. Of course with a little inspiration from the other horses, he walked in.

None of the other horses wanted a little nosy boy around them. So I had to work to get him a spot for him to stand. When he was brushed out, I got the 3 other foals out and taken care of. Tomorrow I plan to get my 3 yr old out to work on ground driving. If I can I want to get a small ride in the field, or the round pen.

It was nice to get out agian after all this rain. I was in a barn with our wonderful horse for 2 hours!! It was just great.


Talk to you all later!
Jadie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jadie! I didn't know you owned Tia! A local friend bought one of Tia's fillies a couple years ago....although she is not a filly anymore, she is a VERY BIG mare now. WW Lakota Prize. Anyway, GREAT to see your post!

    (Fellow RACer's - Jadie is part of the 12 and under Division. I will be posting the profiles this weekend, which will be fun.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jadie!
    Does Jamie (Miss Fort Berthold) also live with you? My *Moon is Jamie's son!
    Welcome to the group!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Jamie is on our farm. So is Cheyanne. We love Pat's broodmares. Jamie and Tia are both big girls. We also have two of Tia's daughters. One day we decided to ride Tia. Within an hour of ground work, I was riding her. She was so focussed on me, trying to find out what I wanted. She is a very loving horse. We can not wait to meet her baby, Tia's size with tobiano color! Thanks, Jadie

    ReplyDelete