Sunday, January 4, 2009

*Samurai Tries His New Bridle


Wow! RAC 2009 is off to an awesome start! What a nice treat to read posts over morning coffee! Considering the cold weather we are all facing I thought I'd chat about a new piece of tack I tried for the first time today.

Cold bits are definitely the down side to winter riding as far as *Samurai is concerned. Recently I purchased a Nurtural Horse bitless bridle through the Curly Rescue's silent auction. The bridle arrived promptly and today *Sammy got to try it out. Very nice!!! Even in the cold weather the material stays supple and the many adjustments ensure a custom fit. He is as responsive to requests as he is with a bitted bridle but his much lower head carriage tells me he is far more comfortable. Thank you to Isabelle Checroune of Ranch Namaspamoos & Nurtural Horse for graciously donating the bridle to the Rescue. I'm looking forward to working with it more and if things remain this positive, I may have to buy one or two more for the other riding horses!

Keep up the great work, folks! Looking forward to reading more!

Lynn, *Samurai, Misty, *Moon, *Grace, *Rose and the rest of the Curlies who will be introduced on my blog as time goes on.

1 comment:

  1. Great news, Lynn! I'm so glad to hear that he likes the bridle so much. My girls love the Dr. Cooks Bitless, it is amazing the difference! And thank YOU, from Curly Rescue :-)

    ReplyDelete