Thursday, January 22, 2009

beautiful day




I feel ok saying it was a gorgeous day because for the most part our weather has been nasty this month. Yes, below zero is nasty to me, all right??
I took Sunny out for a bareback ride and he was a perfect gentleman. I did the same thing Angie did with the halter and lead... but I had a little better luck, which was good, since we were out on the roads and doing some cantering! Being a teenager automatically makes everyone assume I'll be stupid so I guess it's ok to prove them right once in awhile.
I also did some groundwork with Smokey, we had a ball! He's a great horse. I put the bareback pad on him and worked the cinch up so it was tight, and he was completely cool with it. He wanted to know what I was doing every once in awhile though- I believe he thought I was nuts, especially when I began jumping and putting a little weight on it, but was too polite to tell me so.

2 comments:

  1. Cara,

    Smokey's so handsome! What a special friend you have...hugs, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Angie! I just got him 2 weeks ago, and he is settling in wonderfully. :-)
    His first experience with a girth went so well... I am hoping the rest of the riding process goes just as smoothly.

    ReplyDelete