Friday, January 2, 2009

Our New Year's Day ride 2009


As both Adria and Susan attested-- it's COLD !! Zoe and I bundled up- saddled up and headed out for a great ride.. plenty of sun, plenty of wind but the roads were crunchy snow so we were able to trot nearly the entire trip. The horses- Keri and Teasel - were in a great forward mood, the only time we walked was when we asked for it. After tacking up, I left my toasty riding mittens on the grooming box.. so I only had my light gloves.. BRRRR. Then, when I went to take a photo- my camera said-- charge batteries.. so no pics- darn ! I did snap this photo of Keri with her lovely charm, fashioned by Michelle- a protection amulet which I won in the last mini contest. After I had to pull my mail lady out of the snowbank with the tractor, she rewarded me with this package in the mail ! I was able to get the camera to take one more pic upon return... a frosty muzzle.

Denise-- you are just too bloody clever with this tidy handy blog for all of us riders !! :)

3 comments:

  1. LoL! I can't tell you how fun this is!! I get to just sit back and enjoy reading. It's marvelous! Keep em' coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Betsy...a little clarification - that lovely gem from Michelle was awarded to you for being the BEST 2008 RAC Promoter! It's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like the charm, Betsy. The stone is Leopardskin Jasper, which is considered the Stone of Protection for Animals. The charm is a sterling Trails End charm, which is a Native American on a horse, both are slumped and tired at the end of their ride. I thought it was appropriate for the RAC.

    http://www.chestnuthilldesigns.com/images/trailsendhorseprotectioncharm.jpg

    ReplyDelete