Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"Ride With Me"


I was not going to do the Ride With Me on Sunday because it was so cold out. Then I read Denise's post on CurlyHaven. She is so inspiring, that I put on three layers of clothes and headed out to the barn! There was something exciting about knowing others were out there riding their curlies. I was late - I didn't go out until Denise got back, but, I figured others were probably running late too!

Mocha met me in the barn, but I really wanted to ride Billy. Mocha is kind of in a "training mode" and I knew I would not be able to stay in the cold too long.

So, on went Billy's saddle and bridle and off we went. We just rode on our property because the snowmobiles are out everywhere. We rode around the paddock for a few minutes then we headed out into the woods.

It was a great ride and did so much to lift my spirit! These COLD, dark, winter days are starting to take a toll on my well-being!!! Geez, cannot wait for spring! I am actually looking forward to mud and even bugs sound wonderful at this point!

Here are a couple pictures I snapped. The blonde dog is Dude. He was absolutely freezing, but just refused to stay out of the deep snow. He is such a great trail dog! My other trail dog, Chloe (a JRT), was in the house. She definitely would not have been able to handle the cold!

And just look at that gorgeous Curly horse - what a handsome boy! hahahahaha!!! We all think "our" Curly is the best looking, don't we?










Think Spring everyone!
Laura in Michigan

2 comments:

  1. He IS a handsome devil - that Billy Boy! I was so thrilled that you pushed to go out Laura, even though a few of us were already back....Good for you! And most of all I am glad you had a great time. I think sometimes when we feel "least" like riding, is when we SHOULD ride, ya know? When is everyone ready to do it again? I'll post it here next time too..we will have a huge gang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. I am glad to see you are enjoying your riding time on your handsome steed! I like to ride with my dogs running around, but it makes AhD grouchy.

    ReplyDelete