Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First Refresher


This past Sunday, January 18th was a beautiful day here in East Texas - sunny skies, moderate wind and temp around 65 (Fahrenheit). I thought it would be a perfect day to spend some time with Custer. He has been pretty much untouched since last May/June, so I wasn't sure what to expect. But he was SO happy to see me actually coming out into the pasture, with halter and brush in hand, that he met me halfway! The photo you see is of us meeting up in the pasture. Not the best pic, my daughter snapped it with her cell phone. But, you get the picture. I brushed him from head to toe, unhaltered/untied and he stood perfectly still, with the occasional "kiss" he would bestow on me. The I haltered him up and lead him around, working on stopping, backing, etc. while in hand. It ended up only being about 30 minutes, but it was so much fun and he loved it. When I was done, he followed me out, as if to say, "Wait for me Mom!".

I can't wait to spend some more quality time with him, I think he enjoys it as much as I do. It rekindled that love that I have for my "baby" (even though he's almost 4) and made me realize how much happiness he brings to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment