Thursday, January 1, 2009

First Ride of 09!




Yay! 61 participants!! This is going to be an AWESOME year. :-)
I got out today on Koko, my straight curly. He was very good, we started with some groundwork as he hadn't been ridden in over a month. It was so nice! I finally unearthed my helmet (unbeknownst to me it had been stuck out into the shed with the tack) and grabbed a halter and lead and a pile of brushes. After unearthing his coat and expressing surprise to him that there was actually a horse under there (he wasn't impressed with my joke) we did some groundwork, then I fixed the halter and lead into a makeshift hackamore and hopped up. Ahh.. the feel of a nice plushy coated, warm-bodied horse in 20 some degree weather. He might not have appreciated me, but oh well. We did a lot of work at the walk, reminding him that he can back up, and also did some collected gait work. It was a little muddy and slick from yesterday so I didn't want to push things too much. Besides, falling and being jammed between a thousand plus pounds of horse and the ground is not my idea of fun. Dad came out at the end of the ride when it was getting dark and got some photos of the sunset and even a few of us. Not very good with the lighting, but beautiful sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment