Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sun!!!!

Today it's about 43 and sunny out!! Can't believe it!!
While it's been terrible out weather wise I've been reading "Lessons in Lightness" by Mark Russell with Andrea W. Steele. I highly recommend it. I started today's adventures with a little ground work with Epona and Rhys utilizing some lessons from this book. I then did a little bending and collecting work (not much, the ground here is still terrible) before heading out for a nice trail ride. What a day!! Sadly the camera is at the camera Dr's so no pictures :-(.
I have to say Rhys is my favorite riding horse to date. Not sure how to explain it, but it feels like our bodies mesh the best of any horse I've ever been on. Not saying all my other horses don't have amazing gaits, just that well, Rhys's gaits are so crisp and clear and easy for Me to follow. He also seems to really enjoy going out riding with me, which is nice. He is like a sponge under saddle picking all sorts of things up and just doing them before I'm even aware I gave the cue for what I was thinking, he is doing it. He's just an incredible riding partner, I'm really looking forward to seeing what all we can accomplish together, I'm pretty sure the sky is the limit with him.
Later tonight and/or tomorrow morning I'll take Star and Lyra out, need to remember not to wear jeans next time, little uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment