Wednesday, January 21, 2009

South Dakota winters

Hi again. It is funny how winter can change so much and so easily. Just a few days ago we were having decent temps but the wind was blowing like a banshee. Now we are having a beautiful day with hardly no wind. I think I will try to ride today. I remember riding into November last year and the temps were still in the 50's and 60's. We had set up a date in December but we had one of our many blizzards that weekend. The temps were below zero and the wind was blowing about 40 to 50 mph. You couldn't tell when it quit snowing it was so bad. Instead of riding, we had to scoop snow. I do envy everyone living where it is warm!

3 comments:

  1. aaah, but Robin, remember those Southerners also never get to enjoy the hush of riding through newly fallen snow, or the beauty of sparkling ice on the tree branches. That being said, it was 8 below when I drove to work this morning, and I was feeling like you...envious! :) Susan in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Robin, I'm envious of you have the South Dakota to ride in. What a beautiful place you have and the Black Hills, I have ridden in them and what country to see and so much nature with so much history. Also you are much warmer then Minnesota, so neighbor send me some of your warm weather.
    Harold in Minn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Friends with the beautiful snow,

    Come on down, kick your boots off and stay while.....BTW can we come up and visit ya'll in July when it's 108 degrees under the shade tree?

    The invitation is open anytime,

    Angie
    Golden Curls Ranch

    ReplyDelete