Saturday, January 10, 2009

In hand and Loving it!





I can not express how HAPPY I am that Denise added an "in hand" segment for RAC. Much of my annual work is done in hand...from handling foals, to progressing training on young horses and touching up training on older mature horses. This is simply the greatest feature Thank you so much!

Today was advanced leading lessons for Princess. She has been doing so well at haltering, grooming, giving her feet, now...a real test..advanced leading...leading away from all her buddies and herd Mommies. In order to exit our arena though, horse and human must first negotiate a huge snow burm, where snow has slid off the arena roof. This burm is over 2 feet high, slick and quite unpleasant...talk about advance leading! Princess followed me right out the arena gate, over the burm and out into the pleasant day. We took a short walk, her confidence was high, her manners impeccable and my enjoyment of the moment was at the max! I then turned her loose in our round pen, so she could make a couple snow angels for me ;-) we were just out enjoying a very wintery day.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Linda!!! The Ground Training Division certainly was well received, I am so excited. Thanks to those that suggested it! I still can't believe the snow you have!

    ReplyDelete