Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Great Snowy Ride


Yesterday was a beautiful post blizzard day- cold but certainly warm enough to saddle up. Zoe rode OYY Ivan first while I finished up wood chores- I did manage to snap some photo's of him working hard in the deep snow- up to his knees. When the snow is that deep and and still fairly fresh- it's a BIG trot . He got a short canter in but tired quickly. And I know Zoe got a work out also with all that big movement.


Then, I grabbed my Keri and Zoe saddled up OYY Fiona for her first time out on the roads since she was in the cart 2 years ago. We had a chilly bit delightful ride- the roads are a lot more narrow now with the snowbanks, so Fiona got a close taste of the little bit of traffic out and about today.. one very large dually truck and one truck and trailer. She was not bothered a bit- quiet and happy.
Here's my traditional Keri ears photo traveling down my driveway.
Along the way, we were dusted periodically by falling snow- which you might not be able to detect in this photo-- sparkling snow fairy dust and larger clumps too- which just added to the beauty and fun.
Lots of action with all you RAC'ers- so glad there is so much participation this year !
Enjoy your day ~

No comments:

Post a Comment