Friday, January 2, 2009

Winter work

I am starting off 2009 with a lot of time spent on the "ground training" add on to the RAC contest. I have 2 youngsters to work with right now. Princess ( *C-C Her Royal Highness ) is a weanling filly, now 8 months old. Today's session was advanced leading skills, some lateral work, and the introduction to clippers and a blanket. Tyler ( * C-C High Sox Tyler ) is a 3 month old suckling colt, a fall baby. He is being halter broke and learning to lead. I will soon pony him off his Dam, as I spend outside riding. Yeah! I LOVE having this addition to RAC, as a breeder I spend much more time in handling horses from the ground, than my seat in the saddle actual riding time. There are a lot of entries in the RAC and kudos to Denise for inspiring us ALL to spend hours with our horses!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Linda! My reward is sitting back and reading all these awesome posts! I love it! The pictures are GREAT! You guys are motivating ME to get out and work with Reese this weekend on some ground stuff. Usually it bores the crud out of me..but I will try it because I know Reese needs it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete