Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's 1969 in here!

I found a bit of humor today while updating my own personal blog, Writing Of Riding, and wanted to share it in my blog today. I thought to myself, why not add the RSS feed from the RAC blog to my own blog so viewers can catch some of the new posts and help generate more interest in the RAC this year. In the process, I came to see that Blogger lists the blog posts for the RAC blog in the year 1969! So...

January 1, 1969 - Jack Kent Cooke, owner of NHL's Lost Angeles Kings, fines each player
$100 for "NOT" arguing with the referee. [How's that for competition rule changes!? I don't think we should institute that with the RAC Competition, but I suppose if it was determined to be beneficial for promoting the breed we might have to consider it. So long as we discuss the details in detail *before* utilizing it, otherwise nothing worthwhile will make it through the now mandatory arguments.]

May 16, 1969 - The birthday of the current oldest living horse in Missouri, Mr. Kid Bars. [I want to know what they have been feeding him! I can only hope my ponies live to a ripe old age, and at that rate our comparing them to real children is beginning to hold weight! Finally, a good excuse for my arguments!]

1969 is also the year that *Q.T. was born, a daughter of *Curly Q.

I wasn't personally around to experience 1969 but have heard that it involved the Beatles, Vietnam War, a guitar battle between Jimi Hendrix and Petere Townsend, John Madden took over as head coach of the Oakland Raiders, Paul McCartney got married and construction began on Walt Disney World... and that was only in the first 5 months!

I wonder if my year of RAC will be as exciting as 1969?

(btw, needless to say, I removed the date from being listed on my blog for the RAC posts. I figured what humors me might just confuse the general public. ha ha)

Erica K. Frei
Awareness In Riding

No comments:

Post a Comment