Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hello RACers!





Hi guys! I'm a first time RACer. I don't have a curly that's saddle broke so I joined this year in the ground training division. I'm very excited to get to participate!! Thanks Denise for the new division!!





I finally remembered my camera today. I got some pics of the babies.
I bought a synthetic saddle from a fellow boarder to use on the babies. I have a nice saddle and I need one that I don't have to worry about for training.
Sailor (*Sailor Bloom) injured his shoulder 10 days ago. He's been on stall rest and has been quietly going insane because of it. I don't know about others, but my curlies hate being stalled. He's got a jolly ball and the water bucket for entertainment! I've been hand walking him everyday. We've also learned to walk quietly on a lunge line, lol. He's wet in the pic because I had to rinse the medicine off his shoulder so I could apply more. He wasn't thrilled with the prospect of getting wet but once he realized the water was warm he was fine with it.

Emmy (*Praire Sophie's Emmy) got saddled for the second time today. She's more sensitive than the boys so we do these things slowly. She was fine though. She lunged at a walk and slow trot both with and without the saddle. I haven't worked with her consistently but she remembers her lessons very well.





And of course Murray (*Mocha's Java Junky) got worked with too. He's an old hand at the saddling and lunging stuff. He's going off to a trainer in March to learn to be a trail horse.

I look forward to reading about everybody's adventures with their curlies.










1 comment:

  1. Hey Carrie! I will never grow tired of seeing pics of Emmy. Interesting that she is a little sensitive. Reese is SO laid back and always has been. But maybe that will make for a very light moving horse for you. Murray is also very handsome!! Please keep posting!

    ReplyDelete