Monday, January 5, 2009

Greetings from Northern Michigan!

Hello everyone and Hooray to a new RAC year!! I am soooooo excited about RAC this year! Denise seems to have done the impossible - make a great contest even bigger and better! Thanks Denise!


I realize it probably isn't nearly as cold here in Michigan as it is in some other places, but, I am just froze. Every year I find myself disliking winter more and more. I keep telling my kids (11 and 12 years old) that I am going to leave and come back in the spring. They just laugh at me.


This year I signed myself and my husband up for the RAC. My husband, William, is a real rookie rider. He is a great rider, very natural, but tends to ride a horse like a snowmobile - lots of lean! As you can imagine, this can be a bit dangerous in the woods with all the trees. I try and tell him "stay centered in the saddle". All I get is "he seems to respond better when I lean." Ughhhhh!!!! Needless to say, I have him scheduled for a few riding lessons in the early spring. Just so I can keep my sanity on the trail. I am not sure how much he will be riding during the contest, but I am sure that each ride will make for a hilarious post on this blog!!

I also signed up for the groundwork portion of the contest. I LOVE doing groundwork and to make it even better, my husband bought me the entire Parelli Patterns kit for Christmas! It is awesome! I am so looking forward to getting started with the kits.
Billy is my wonderful curly that I will spend most of my time with. We do have another curly here who needs lots of groundwork and then lots of miles! My husband just loves him and is looking forward to riding him.


Cheers to another wonderful year! Let's all ride, promote, encourage and be safe.








1 comment:

  1. Oooo, you have the Parelli Patterns?? I am *so* jealous! :-) You'll have to tell me what you think of them once you try them out...

    ReplyDelete