Thursday, August 11, 2011

29 minutes of Bliss

Finally, God granted me my prayer and I was able to fit in a half hour after-work ride on my handsome bay Ah-D-Das. It was a beautiful evening, with the sun slanting through the fields and a slight breeze wafting Ah-D’s late summer sparse mane. Dump night – which means more traffic on my road – but I was bound and determined that we were going to do a little gaiting on Back Street, so we set out the short distance up the hill. Drivers were very considerate! Two motorcyclists especially so.

With a lot of leg and clucking on my part, and a wave of the magical crop, Ah-D fumbled around a bit but had good try to gait up the long first hill of Back Street. By the time we hit the straight stretch, he had his legs a little more coordinated. I was totally earnest about the gaiting, but Ah-D generally isn’t until we hit the home stretch. We ambled around this field, enjoying the view. Man, did it feel good to be on my horse!

Back at the barn, Ah-D had a little kissy-face session with the steers, whom he especially likes this year for whatever reason. Keep your fingers crossed for us that we can keep our plans for a group trail ride on Sunday. I am surely looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, love the photos. Miss you. Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, looks like I ned to find you a hat, a real hat.

    ReplyDelete