Monday, August 29, 2011

I had me a 'Berry Ride' Too! =]

All these wonderful posts about berry picking along the trail and it made me very jealous! =] UNTIL, yesterday on our ride we came across lots and lots of raspberries! Yay! So many that you could smell them as you walked along. Some were a bit picked over by the wildlife, but still worthy of pickin! I wished I could have shared this ride with Reese, (I had planned to ride him all weekend) but he came down with an abscess early Saturday morning. ugh! He has never had one of these before, ever. As soon as he is healed up, I look forward to many fall rides together with him!! Until then Bear sure seems to enjoy the trail and our silly adventures. I feel blessed beyond belief to have such special horses in my life....and that includes Ziggy! =]


My friend Karen on her QH, Paco.

Karen and Paco


You can see the ferns looking very "fallish."


Beautiful little creek, me and Bear.

Bear really enjoys the water...Reese will just stop and stare like this too. =]


5 comments:

  1. Hello Denise Conroy,
    It is such a wonderful photo of you and your Bear in the water with the sand and the sun also making lovely light and shadows. I´d like to paint a picture of it in watercolours as soon as I get time enough, if you don´t mind.
    Berit L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Berit, absolutely! Feel free to use that photo...thank you for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love raspberries! Your stream and lake photos are just gorgeous. Bummer about Reese's abcess! Good thing you have handsome and trusty Bear; what a good guy he is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing for such a blessing of Bear so you could still enjoy these wonderful end of summer days. I noticed to on our ride this weekend that the leaves are already falling or turning. WAY TO EARLY!! That picture of you in the creek is just so pretty. Hope Reese is healed up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Denise, Bear really looks lovely!
    I hope Reese heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete