Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hay Days Parade with both my Curly boys!

Good Morning all! Another local parade for Bear and this time I just couldn't leave Reese at home. I asked my friend Carrie to ride Reese. They did great together! We wanted to promote a ride (a friend is hosting) in September that 20 miles and raises money for kids with cancer. (In DeTour Michigan for anyone that wants to come!) I just can't get over how calm Bear is and he has never done anything like this. The really cute thing is that now I find him much more curious about things overall...like "what's that?" It's like a whole new world! lol. Semis honking horns and motorcycles and all the typically noises and things aren't an issue. The only thing he snorts as is the change in the color of the pavement! LOL. Our group won "Best Equestrian Group" - I've never been in a group that has won a trophy before. I felt so humbled and excited! Bear and Reese both wore their blankets advertising the Bashkir Curlies too. Here are a few pics.



2 comments:

  1. Dear Fearless RAC Leader: Love the pictures! You look cute with the cowboy hat, and all of you (horses included) look like you are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congradulations on the best equestrian group! Sounds like bear keeps doing great for you and you really enjoy him! You look great riding in the parade!

    ReplyDelete