Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Ride with my Sister












Saturday I had the pleasure of taking my little sister horse back riding. She hadn't been on a horse in 3 years so this was a real treat for her. Larry of course would be the horse of choice for her cause all he likes to do is just walk and an occasional trot. Being it was just going to be a day outting I decided to ride in my english saddle. What fun we had reminicing old times, horses we use to have, and people we use to hang out with. Larry took very good care of her out on the trail. One of the hills we went up I almost came right off the back of Marley. But I collected myself back up in the saddle using his long mane to hold onto. There where plenty of water crossings, open prairies, wooded, hilly and flat trails on the ride, and one bridge crossing. At the end of the ride she was a bit sore but loved every minute of it. I don't get to see my sisters much and to spend a day on the back of a horse with them or at least one of them was just so nice. The picture of the creek and Marley's ears, knowing that I am on his back, is just the happiest place in the world. (and no we didn't plan on both of us wearing green, it just happened! (smiling))



Marley, Larry, & Dana (MN) I just love this picture below :)

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely ride to go with your sister! Lovely picture indeed! A great way to catch up and have some siter time!

    ReplyDelete