Thursday, August 11, 2011

Update riding and promotion

I've been bussy promoting the Curly breed and have had several conversations about Curlies the past days. One interesting conversation was with the vet who came for the vaccinations. He was from the same veterinarian clinic but he had never been here with my horses and had never heard of or met a Curly horse before! He was impressed with how calm Suri was, she did not even blink an eye when she got her vaccinations and also when she got the micro chip (this is obliged by law in the Netherlands and with imported horses such as Suri it has to been done within 6 months after purchase). The micro chip needle is quite thick and I have alsways seen before that horses do not like this at all but Suri did not seem to mind.
The vet was also really impressed by how beautiful Voelie is.
He did not see really why they are called Curlies, especially now with Suri's smooth coat (Voelie has more summer curls) but I always carry a small photo album in my purse with pictures of my horses in winter coat so I showed him these. I am glad he now knows about this lovely breed because vets always meet lots of other horse people and can maybe share this information!

I also had a nice ride out with Suri and two friens ( a ride wit a Curly, Fjord and KWPN horse together) into the park and the woods around the castle. We shared the trails with lots!! of joggers, mountainbikes and people walking their dogs. It was extremely bussy so I was glad I wore my RAC vest, many people could see it!


3 comments:

  1. Jessica, what is a KWPN? You are so together to carry a winter curls pictures of your Curlies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, Thanks! I love to show these pictures so I try to be sure never to go anywhere without them.
    A KWPN is a Dutch Warmblood (popular in all levels of dressage and jumping, many of our top competing horses and horses for export are KWPN)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to read all good words about Suri. Today I am sitting here to write and remind you about the vaccinations and so conviniently you have written about them. Suri´s brother has to get his on Friday.
    Berit Lidar

    ReplyDelete