Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Word of Caution


Dear Reader,

As you know I have been riding Lyle and he is doing well. But this post is not about Lyle. It is about a saddle and a word of caution. Today I saddled Lyle and we got ready to go out on a ride. But a still, small voice said to me, "Penny, check the off side of your saddle." And I am very glad that I did. Because here is what I found. Need I write more? One picture is really worth a thousand words.

Sincerely,

Penny Johnson

Kootenai Curly Horses

Bonners Ferry, Idaho

3 comments:

  1. Good advice....there was a wonderful cowgirl who lived to be in her 90's in South Texas. When interviewed and asked her advice for such as long healthy,life she simply responded..."always saddle your own horse"{:>
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip Angie! Always good to check the tack!

    ReplyDelete