Monday, August 8, 2011

back on the computer

Just a couple of videos to show what I have been doing since the weather warmed up. These are the last 5 foals out of Mellow and one wild caught adopted curlie. All came in Memorial Day and I/we have been working with them on their ground manners -- long days and short nights what with a full time city job and a mini-ranch. LOL So no posting til now -- I know this is not me with the horses but that is because I am the photographer - hope this is ok.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQPXzhO-88c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF2_OinR00A&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
Oh and three other wild caught adoptees (it is a disease) that were billed as curlies and while they MAY have some curlie in them we are considering them straight horses. So a total of 9 yearlings to start.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Ellen, great job. Thanks for explaining that you have also been involved in working with these beautiful babies. I love seeing how respectful they are with just one handler! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the part in the video where they are following the quad ( I think thats what it is..) They all look so cute! Great job with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen,
    May I visit your ranch and would you and your husband teach me to be a better horse woman? Please. I mean it!
    Thank you,
    Penny Johnson
    Kootenai Curly Horses
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny you are always welcome and we thrive on helping people learn more about building a relationship with their horses. We also do this long distance and any time you wish we can talk - still owe you a call from post Mellow's death.
    Denise - I actually started three of these all by my lonesome and have helped build them all! No time for me and my own boy but it is enjoyable anyway. Thanks for the kind comments.
    Jessica, it is a quad and it sure saves time when we are taking them to the neighbors to graze. It is also a great training tool.

    AND WHY won't this thing acknowledge me? It keeps saying I need to signin but when i go to sign in it says i already am ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen, I am already looking forward to visiting. You know, once I have Lyle re-started, I would love to bring him. I would love to know what you think of how he goes. You could sure give me some pointers on my horsewoman ship. Thank you.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete