Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lyle Becoming a Dream Horse!




Dear Reader,

Please be happy with me. Lyle came home from the bad training experience a nightmare horse. But today he is becoming a true dream horse. Today, for the first time, Lyle truly tucked to the bosal, truly gave a yielded turn to the bosal and we went of our first truly controlled mini trail ride. So please be happy with me and let me share my dream with you!

I am thankful that Lyle has allowed me, an old lady with a broken body, no trainer and no out side help, to restart Lyle. To do this was and still is my dream. So please be happy for me. Enjoy the pictures.

Sincerely,

Penny Johnson

Kootenai Curly Horses

Bonners Ferry, Idaho

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am very happy for you, Penny! Lyle looks relaxed and in tune. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a beautiful horse, Penny! Great job...you both look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Izzy,
    What in the world do you mean old lady?????? I have cowboy boots older then us. Keep up with the horse Izzy you do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo, Penny, I love to read about the wonderful connection you and Lyle have...keep up the good work my friend,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What an accomplishment to have done this without outside help,nor a trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    You need to give yourself more credit because as evidenced by Lyle's progress you understand the principles and have the ability. You GO GIRL!
    Ellen
    Wy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny you did a fantastic job! Lyle looks great and you look great on him! I hope your success with him continues, you have a great partnership!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your encouragement. I have had to care for Nipper, my stallion who became blind from the kick of a mare. But Nipper is adjusting well now. Dr. Stoll will advise me about how to care for Nipper. This means that I will have time again to ride Lyle. Will keep you posted on how we do. And Harold, I want to attend Jeb's high school graduation with you Mrs. Fairchild. Grandma Izzy wants to be there. And I will tell all who listen that Jeb is a horseman, an artist and a good son to his parents.
    Do we have a deal, Harold?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meant to write "with you and Mrs. Fairchild."

    ReplyDelete