Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Camping with our Curlies

The last time we camped was 2 years ago, I can't believe it! At that time we said we would try to do much more of that it was so fun and relaxing. Of course, being hurt last summer didn't help that plan at all. lol. Anyway....we made a plan to go August 19-21st no matter the weather! Thank heaven it was beautiful! Hardly any bugs..temps were about 60 at night and 75 during the day. A little rain at night but very minor. We took Tom's horse Zig and Bear. This was Bear's first experience camping. As expected he handled it all in stride. He hadn't been trailered much in his life, so I've been trying to load him and haul him as much as possible, but this was the longest haul since we purchased him in May and he came from NY. He traveled like a dream..munched on his hay and was happy as can be. HE CALMED me down! LOL. We rode about 40 miles and the trails were incredible. We met up with a few friends too. We were able to talk about the breed quite a bit - we get more comments on Bear's mane..it's so fun. =] We are hoping to go again in late September and I think I'll take Reese since he needs to know he is still loved. =] Here are some pics.
Tom cooking burgers over the fire.


Friends Kathy and Kelly join us Saturday for a day ride.

Our humble accommodations. =] We slept like babies. 

Kathy M. on her arab Jubilee and Denise on Bear.

Denise and Bear...he is such a gift!

Tom on Zig and Kathy M. on Jubilee.

Tom and Ziggy....stellar trail horse!!

6 comments:

  1. Denise, its addicting! You have some really nice pictures too. I still just cannot get over how pretty Bear is. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is!! =] Thank you for your nice comments. Bear is an answer to a prayer! =] I think it's great that we met during my quest for such a horse. =] I am so enjoying having you in the contest this year and seeing all the fun you are having with your curlies and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise,
    Bear makes you look like a tiny little tot! So good he is a gentle giant - so to speak.
    Ellen
    ps -it is not giving me permission again! Maybe the work computer? At home lst night it worked great. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a handsome fella Bear is...curly and gentle. What a great combination{:>

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Bear should be the Curly Ambassadors with that picture of you in front of the lake. Wow! I am so glad you shared this story with us to make us all jealous...just kidding, you know, it is so nice to hear of our friends out having a blast with their horses. I have been invited to camp out with my horsie in Sept, so you may be hearing about MY camping trip with Didder in a month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ellen, Angie and Susan! When Bear first arrived I didn't think he was as big as Reese...I think he has grown since he's been here! LOL. He is definitely a gentle giant. Tom took that pic, Susan..can you believe it?? Bear is all squared up and everything! =] I think the silver reflection on his saddle and bridle are cool too. He did a great job. Can't wait to be jealous for you and your camping trip!!

    ReplyDelete