Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back to lessons!
Happy to report we may have found a new trainer that can give us more consistent lessons. Theo and I had our first one on Saturday. He was very calm and settled in well (of course his bff was there with him). It's a longer drive for us but we can use thier horses to so we don't have to haul every week.
Theo and I have a show on Saturday and I signed us up for the 2'3" class... I'm kind of worried now since we haven't jumped a full course that high but it's a schooling show so that's what they have them for right!
Abby has had some time off since I was so focused on Fair. We did get a little ride in on Sunday and she of course was a doll. She even gave an 4 yr old a little ride (I lead him around).

Yesterday was sooo hot all I did was treat thier manes and tails. Both of them have lost a good deal of tail hair and Theo has lost some mane. I just have to be more on top of preventing it from falling out.

Hopefully I'll have photos and maybe video of the show on Sat!

3 comments:

  1. Can you let me know what ypu do to the main and tail? Does your treatment also prevent matting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in the show!!!!! I bet Theo will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the products recommended here on Curly horse country. It prevents matts in Abby's mane but I still struggle with Theo's. His is very fine and he loves to roll in the sand after I treat it. Very nice of him.

    ReplyDelete