Monday, August 1, 2011

A Parade on Michelle Ives' Birthday!

Well Michelle...Lucky you! We celebrated your Birthday in a HUGE way! A local town had their Summerfest weekend and I thought it would be a great opportunity to introduce Bear to his first parade. (AND celebrate your Birthday too, of course!) As it turned out, I think there was more stimulation than I ever expected..including a train that went by right behind the trailers! But Praise God all the horses did amazing and hardly reacted at all. Bear acted like he had done parades his whole life. =]  The only thing he didn't understand was the "man holes" in the street. He avoided those like the plague..but then so did Reese the first few times he saw them too. =] I feel so blessed. Wonderful friends that surrounded us afterwards too. Hope you had a wonderful day!!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet!!! Bear stepped right up to the plate! This looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad you had a good time and the train was a non-issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan!! This sort of thing is always alot of work, but afterwards you really feel you accomplished alot. I had actually got a little bored with parades because Reese and I had done so many and it was old hat. But with Bear it's a whole new adventure and love to see how they handle everything. I think it gives me confidence when they can think through all the noise, sounds and activities. Just a real boost!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bear sounds like such a great horse. When I read how great he does it reminds me of Suri, she is also very brave and behaves great for me!
    A lovely picture of the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jessica!! I am so happy for you that you have Suri...she sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete