Monday, August 15, 2011

Promoting at the beach

My buddy Erin is home for 2 short weeks from college and we have fit in a couple rides so far. Yesterday I gave her the choice of whom she wanted to ride and she picked Reese. We rode to the beach which was busy with vacationers enjoying the beautiful day. We tried to be respectful and stay away from the kids playing etc. As we approached a man and his kids coming from their car, I said to Erin...."get ready to promote!" lol. He shouted, "What kind of horses are those?" Whoo Hooo....an open door! LoL. We had a nice conversation.

Erin leading to the beach


Denise & Bear crossing the bridge.

Oh..p.s. I was also able to promote when a customer came in to place an order with us and Tom offered her a cup of coffee from our "Curly Horse Mug." She looked at it and said, "Curly horses?" What are those? We must have chatted for 30 min about them..she was so intrigued. So goes to show you, conversation can strike up in just about anywhere! =]

Curly Horse Mugs, buy yours here: 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a lovely riding day! Beach riding looks like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading this, now I realize that I did promoting over the weekend, too! We ran into some construction workers on Saturday, and I explained to them about the curls. Just about any time we run into people, I get the comments. I love how Ah-D has a curl all year long. It's a great conversation starter. Oh, and I WANT A MUG! :)

    ReplyDelete