Monday, August 1, 2011

How I Celebrated Michelle's Birthday

Susan and Ah-D in Maine



Had a fun time with COMPANY to ride with on your birthday, Michelle!

Ulla brought her Morgan Gabby and her daughter's new green steed Indigo over to join me on my trails. All three horses were so well behaved, especially my handsome gelding Ah-D. :)We wore our hemlock in a feeble attempt to ward off the deer flies. We crossed a dry stream bed and one with refreshing clear water, moseyed up some hills and charged a few, and basically enjoyed the beautiful day. The weather was hot, but still perfect. Ah-D was a complete gentleman with the two ladies.
Ah-D led the way much of the time, because he was the host. After our ride, I rinsed my handsome Curly boy off (he LOVED it and thought he might try a drink out of the hose) and put him away while my guests loaded their horses for home. At least, that was the plan. Indigo decided she did not want to load, so Luvon walked her the fifteen miles home. No kidding. Ulla and I helped her out with water, ice tea, an ice cream cone, and lots of moral support. Something tells me if Ah-D and I are going to be doing any riding with Luvon and Indigo in the near future, that WE are going to be the ones stepping on the trailer!

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow! 15 miles home?? Glad the ride itself was so enjoyable! Loved the pics..and sounds like you and AHD are burning up the trails like ol' pros! I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I looked at your video on the previous ride and I like the way your horse steps out, but where in the world did you get that hat???????????? It sure don't look like my stetson!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures and it sounds like a great ride with friends!

    ReplyDelete