Saturday, May 7, 2011

Aha!

So, Linus took something away from our lesson yesterday and was a complete gentleman today. He stood patiently as I was holding Allie for Dad while he trimmed her hooves a bit. This was a very big accomplishment for a very jealous boy. I think it actually took a lot out of him too because he was very quiet on our walk! He walked the majority of the time with his head at my shoulder. He didn't spook at a dog that came running and barking at us. In fact when the dog realised Linus wasn't scared he took off with his tail between his legs!
He also didn't spook when birds flew up from the grass a few metres from us. Allie didn't either which was good because last time that happened with a pair of Mallards she freaked!
Linus improved more with his hooves too. He seems to go through phases where he's an old timer to it and then phases where it's totally new to him. The joys of a youngster!
Here they are chilling out after our walk. Linus is wearing the green (full size) horse halter and Allie is wearing the light blue (yearling!) halter that used to belong to Linus and no longer fits him!


Here is Linus sporting the saddle blanket I made for his Aussie saddle. The sides of it are so long my other blanket wasn't going to properly protect him so I made a rough copy one day with an old sheet on him underneath his saddle. He was so good that day and stood nicely while I cut out the rough shape. I couldn't take a picture the first time I had the blanket on him because when my back was turned he pulled the blanket off then stepped on it and I had to wash it before the saddle even sat on it because it was just caked!! Bugger! Maybe he doesn't like the Canadian Maple Leaf tartan?!?!? I think the colours suit him!

No comments:

Post a Comment