Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Our first Show

Well we did it! Theo and I survived our first jumping show. Saturday morning I was out early to braid his mane and tail. I loaded him up with Ulcer guard to prevent any added stress and some calming paste. I wanted this to be a great experience for him as we were going by ourselves.

I did a running braid on both sides of his mane (he has a double). It looked so pretty but right before my first class he put is head down to snatch grass and it pulled out! Oh well though we got loads of compliments on his tail and people could clearly see he was a curly.



So our first class was Adult equitation walk/trot and we got 2nd place

Second class was Hunter under saddle walk/trot- we got 2nd again

Third was Adult equitation over poles and we got 1st! (I was sooo shocked)

Our 4th class was Baby Hunter over fences (cross rails) and we got 2nd (again SHOCKED)

and 5th was the Baby Hunter over fences again and we got 3rd. By this time he was excited and galloping to the fences :-)



I was very happy with our results and his behavior. He did get a little impatient at times but we took it easy and I pulled out of one class just to give him a break.



and a few pictures...




6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your wins, it sounds like you guys had a great time. In the pictures you and Theo looked really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! I was so happy for you as I read your placings. You must be thrilled

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you look great!! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congradulations, great job! Good promotion for the Curly here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to represent!!! Awsome Job and keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really impressed with you - great job! Sounds like you did a really good job keeping his attention and focus at the show - that can be difficult. Keep it up - we need more jumping Curlies!!

    ReplyDelete