Monday, May 9, 2011

Finally Got to Ride

Yes, Sunday was a great day for a ride. I hadn't rode Rah in about 6 months, so I did not know what to expect. I got him saddled in record time! Usually he fusses, but maybe he missed riding too. He did exceptionally well lunging as well. Normally Rah trots one and half times and he has his head down ready to stop. But he keep his head up high with nice long steps and went longer than usual.

I then rode for about 2o minutes practicing neck reining, turning and backing. I must say Rah really did well for not being ridden in about 6 months and having to exercise and ride in a pasture filled with green luscious grass! He did get a small fresh grass reward at the end though.


2 comments:

  1. I bet it felt GREAT to be back in the saddle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great Michelle to get back to riding Rah again after 6 months! Sounds like he also missed it:)

    ReplyDelete