Monday, May 9, 2011

Sunshine!

We had some more sun today and it was farrier day too. My son was at the babysitter so I wouldn't have to worry about him while the farrier was there....except he came later than I thought he was going to so Owen ended up being there anyway! It worked out ok though because by then there was enough of us there. Anyway, it did give me the whole day alone with the horses which I loved. I even spent a while sat beside them in a chair reading.

Linus did get a fair bit of grooming today, I love brushing him until he shines! He stood tied really well again while I alternated between grooming him and Allie. He had a very successful neck-reining session and also handled being separated from his buddy exceptionally well. It's becoming less and less of an issue for him.

He was much better than last time for the farrier and his hooves were done in no time. He wasn't perfect but it didn't take much reminding to get him where he needed to be.


I had a blast today doing some training with him and then it was equally fun just chillin' out with him. He's the best!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Susan, he looks so shiny and pretty. He also looks to have grown again, he looks so mature allready! Great job in grooming him so that he shines Donna:)

    ReplyDelete