Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy birthday, Diane!




Happy birthday, Diane! Tygs and I hope you have a great day! Tygs and I just had his first ride outside of the arena! In the arena he was being rode with a rope halter and had had the bit on, but not rode with it. Today with the sunny weather I decided it was time to ride Tygs with the bit, with my husband tagging along. Tygs hadn't had the bridle on for about a month, so I wasn't sure how this was going to go, but he accepted it right away, which made me very pleased. He was chomping on it alot, but that will stop eventually.

We started out with Kirk leading Tygs with the rope halter intending on him taking the lead rope off about half way around, but I decided Tygs wasn't quite ready for that (or maybe I wasn't quite ready for that), since he was having a hard time dealing with the bit. I felt Tygs did well and he eventually realized I could turn his head left and right and it was easier if he didn't fight me on it. His whoa was good. We just did the quarter mile trail which is very water logged right now, but he did good going through the water. My husband commented that Tygs seemed relaxed and handled the trail well. I seen his ears listening to me talking to him alot, which made me feel reassured that he was in tune with me. It was a short ride, but before long I'm sure we'll be doing longer rides!

Janeen and Tygs in the UP!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice Janeen! Good to see you aboard Tygs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have gone out with you, Janeen! I hope to get out for a bit tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great Janeen, great to be out on the trail with your Curly! I am looking forward to that stage in my riding with Suri too!
    I love your pictures of his ears, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAHHOOOOOO Janeen!!!!! Must feel wonderful to be up there on him! You guys must really click, you are doing so awesome together. Can't wait to be able to have a similar post soon with Linus.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Look at that view between Tygs Ears!!!!! Short or long...A ride is a ride my friend!!! Soooo Thrilled for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ride must have felt just thrilling, good for you guys! Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete