Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Last Challenge

I choose to introduce Rah to the drainage pipe this Saturday. I had a ten foot long (maybe longer) piece of pipe that I hung over the fence while I groomed him. He noticed it there but didnt pay much attention to it. Then we went over the the pipe and he was curious but scared. I slowly brought the pipe over the fence and let him see and smell it. He licked and bit at it, so I slowly rubbed the pipe on one side of him and he didnt move or mind it much. Then the other side. He stood there like a champ!

I placed the pipe on Rah's back and moved it back and forth. We found out that the pipe makes a great back and butt scratcher! I then placed the pipe on the ground to make him walk over it. After several failed attempts, finally he walked over it! I thought Rah would be much more afraid of the giant black snake, but he was quite patient and willing.

Rah has been under the vet's care for about 6 months now (mild laminitis) and after today, she gave me the go ahead to ride him again. Yea! I can begin earning some more points!

2 comments:

  1. I am happy for you that you get get out and about and ride again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great news that you can start riding again and the laminites is under control!

    ReplyDelete