Tuesday, May 24, 2011

HAPPY Birthday Ms Katie


 HAPPPPPY Birthday Ms Katie....Linus...and My Beloved Twenty-eight year old Curly Extrodinaire KAllie-girl!!! The picts below are from our Saturday ride.... It has rained here to the tune of Twenty-six inches since the end of February. Sassy is a bit of a girly girl and isnt really thrilled with "squishy" footing....so...Top of our lesson plan on Saturday was crossing water...inside and outside.  I was with my riding instructor Dianne and Sassy took her one of the Curly Horse T-shirts as a thank you for all she does.  She has been getting alot of comments/questions from other students/visitors about Sassy!!!!!!!! Now she can answer them in Styling Pink Curly horse attire!!! LLOLL  I was so proud of the way Sassy followed me thru the semi flooded arena area (yes there has been THAT much rain).... Im pretty sure she was thinking...There was NO small lake here last time Blondie!!!! But she trusted me ...and  thru it we walked at first.  ...  Then we decided to take her out side and see how she did..... Since we are still on restricted movement...I had to kinda focus...and get over that lil pit in my tummy at her being on non flat surfaces ....knowing she would pick up immediately on any worry I might have..... While leaving the arena..the Sun decided to join our ride...and stayed out the WHOLE time we rode!!!  She was VERY Alert thru the trails around Dianne's outdoor.  The only time there was hesitation was when we would have to cross a small narrow rain induced rut.....??!!   I would reassure her...she would step......but it had HER FULL Attention at first... She would also suggest an alternate route....so we had a discussion on the first one, and she decided I was right and we needed to continue moving forward :))   Dianne's trails lead to an outdoor arena with Stuff.... an outdoor mirror...Fields with cows.....fields with other horses....tires used in obstacles.... The mirror was the object Sassy showed the most..... "its a lil questionable to me" attitude.  Which is hillarious...cause SHE LOVES indoor mirrors!!!!!!  Soooo we overcome that by the second pass around it.....and then we took on the outdoor small lake....... I requested.....she stepped....I clicked.....and in she went!!!!! I Was soooooo excited.....as again..Sassy isnt by nature a  "squishy" kinda girl.... what a feeling for her to trust that way is such an amazing feeling.  We finished the trails and then went back to the arena to work on my transitions. We had a wonderful day...And hope you enjoyed your BDay as much as Sassy and I did ...PS..Sassy blinged out in her necklace and mane clip.....  



















 Sassy LOVES Mirrors





HAPPY Curly BDAY from Sassy and Krissy in OH
A Curly Girl needs her nap after such a busy day <3


4 comments:

  1. Oh Sweet Krissy, the photos of you and Sassy are awesome, love to see your "Golden Curls" flying in the wind when your riding your beautiful Curly Sassy. Give her a birthday hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures, it looks like you two are coming right along in your training, keep up the great team work. Doesn't all this wet weather put a damper on things? We are in the same boat here and my horses don't like being out in the squishy mud either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so happy when you and Sassy are cantering. It's great to see. She's got such cool colouring. A very good friend of mine is very into her pink too, it always reminds me of her seeing all of your pink bling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I loved all the pictures, too. Sounds like you have so much fun with your Curly. I always like to read your blogs because you are so upbeat.

    ReplyDelete