Friday, May 20, 2011

Voelie time

Today it was Voelie's turn to get out and do someting new. I groomed her and then decided to put a saddlepad on her. I first let her sniff it and then slowly put it on her back and took it back of. I walked her a few circles to let her get rid of some tension then I tied her again and put it on her back again, this time I tied it with an elastic and walked with her with the saddlepad on her back. She was really well behaved and just walked with me! I was so proud. I just made it a short walk and then took everything off and let her graze a bit. She was happy to be out and did not want to go back into the field:)
When I was mucking out the field afterwards I had both Suri and Voelie trying to eat the fork I was using to muck out and constantly having their noses in the wheelbarrow! Really cute!

2 comments:

  1. Aha! Sounds like you have two typically nosy Curlies on your hands! Love hearing about your training progress with Voelie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jess!! I loved introducing Linus to things like his first saddle, blanket, bareback pad etc. Its so great to work through their concerns and then come out that much more a team once they've accepted it. It's so rewarding isn't it?

    ReplyDelete