Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Linus (and Katie!!)

Linus had yesterday off because of our ride Sunday. No work, just rest. But of course I visited with him anyway and gave him an extra scratch for Katie's Birthday. I think he enjoyed his chill time. Especially since they went on pasture Saturday afternoon so he had lots to eat!
I didn't do too much with him today since it is his Birthday. I held his pail of feed for him to eat out of so he didn't even have to bend his head to eat! (no, not spoiled!) I also got him some baby carrots as a treat too. Then I took him out to groom him and let him in where he was knee deep in canary grass...a dream come true for him which he thoroughly enjoyed!






I hadn't planned on really making him work today. Birthday off and all but he started acting out a bit when Allie was putting on a fuss on the other side of the fence. I know it's only natural for him to be a bit excited but he also needs to respect his manners and my space so it did turn into a reminder lesson for him. He knows now that when I ask him to back up he had better tone it down quick or he will be doing a lot of it! He calmed down and was soon just watching Allie while she pranced around and not moving a bit. He's a quick learner and I think we will have a very bright future on the trails!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Linus had a really nice Birthday too! That is some tall grass and he looks like he is enjoying every bit of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LLLOLLL He has little horsey hearts floating over the grass!!!! Loved the no bend carrot treats!!!! Happy Bday to Mr Linus!

    ReplyDelete